Our step-by-step manual explains how to fix the Windows error “fails to access the specified device” in the Sniper Elite 5 when trying to launch it using the Xbox application.
Windows cannot access the error of the specified device
Games for PCs often have problems with launch when there are many unique and annoying errors in the game. The same thing in the case of Sniper Elite 5, where players are faced with an error that does not allow them to play the game using the Xbox application on the PC.
When you are trying to start the Sniper Elite 5 using the Xbox application for a PC, sometimes the Windows error occurs cannot access the specified path or device file. “
This may happen due to the fact that the game may not have the necessary administrator rights to launch. There is a way to avoid the appearance of this error. Just follow this instructions.
- Open the Xbox application, and on the left side of the screen you will see a list of installed games.
- Scroll down and find Sniper Elite 5.
- From there, either click the game with the right mouse button, or press three points to access an additional option.
- In the opening menu, you can either click “Create a shortcut” or press “Management”, and on the menu you can click “Create a shortcut on the desktop”.
- As soon as you do this, just go to the desktop, click the game with your right mouse button and select “Starting on behalf of the administrator.”
The launch of the game on behalf of the administrator will provide the game with all the necessary permits for launch, and also eliminate the “Windows cannot access to the specified device”.
Continue to attend SegmentNext to keep abreast of the latest news, manuals and step-by-step guides in video games!